The third Lake Como Design Fair has been expanded and is inaugurating a new feature dedicated to design in the city of Como: hence the Lake Como Design Festival. A new event extends from 14th to 19th September 2021 for an immersive experience in the historic centre of the city of Como and its lake. An annual themed appointment, a moment for reflection, and an exhibition of contemporary design. For the first occasion of this new format, Marco Sammicheli (1), curator and journalist, will be setting up a collective exhibition the theme of which will be revealed in September 2020 and will curate meetings and installations for the festival together with the team. Exhibitions, guided tours and meetings will complete the event to further the enjoyment and experience of exploring modern and contemporary design and will accompany you as you discover the historical buildings and secret gardens of the city opening especially for the Lake Como Design Festival. The Festival’s full programme will be announced in September 2020. Lake Como Design Festival is an event created and produced by Wonderlake Como (2). For more information email@example.com
(1) Marco Sammicheli is a journalist and curator. He is International Relations chief officer at Triennale Milan and contract professor in design narratives at Politecnico di Milano. After graduating in Communication Science from the University of Siena and specializing in History of Design at the Bauhaus in Weimar, in 2009 he earned a doctorate in design and technology for the development of cultural heritage at Politecnico di Milano and PUC, Chile. He wrote monographs on designers such as Zaha Hadid, Mario Bellini, Steven Holl, Bruno Munari and he curated shows and essays on catalogs for cultural institutions, museums and private galleries in Europe and Middle East. His ongoing research project Designing the sacred has been exhibited during the Venice Biennale of Architecture in 2014 and his publication Disegnare il sacro (Rubbettino, 2016) has been acquired by the Vatican Museums library in 2017. He’s part of the advisory committee of Fondazione Cirulli in Bologna where he oversees the design collection.
(2) Lake Como Design Festival is part of a cultural initiative from Wonderlake Como Association, aiming to support and promote awareness of the beauty and heritage of Lake Como, while seeking to encourage people to discover the historical sites of the area. Wonderlake Como is an ensemble of persons and of ideas with their own very particular perspective on Lake Como. The cultural project is run by this non-profit organisation with the aim of promoting, in Italy and around the world, those qualities that have given this area its strong identity. Wonderlake Como is involved in publishing projects, and organises cultural events designed to unveil some of the extraordinary spaces that are not accessible to the public at large, as well places that have remained unknown or have been lost to the popular memory. These events offer also opportunities to introduce international content and ideas for a fertile exchange of viewpoints essential for the rooting of new connections and original perspectives.
A project by
- Associazione Wonderlake Como
- via Alessandro Volta 70
- 22100 Como, Italia
- P:I. 03735950135
- Per qualsiasi informazione
- Bianca Maria Bertolissi
- Press relations & communication
- T. +39 328 6818414
- Maria Elena Barbati
- Press relations & communication
- T. +39 335 8138227